Jensen's Log Cabin
This log cabin is the first home built circa 1878 by Thomas Jensen in the Island District of the
Stillaguamish Valley. The larger home, built about 1886, was of built from lumber for
Thomas and his bride, Johanna. It was located where the I-5 Bridge crosses the Stillaguamish River on
the south side. Thomas Jensen owned the team of oxen. Dora Jensen Grimm is by the wagon with a hired man. Johanna Jensen is standing in the doorway and Martha
Jensen is the baby in the highchair. Photo taken about 1889.
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society and Library, serving Snohomish County and the Arlington, Washington area, has grown to include thousands of genealogical and historical books, microfilm and microfiche sets, and Internet access to free genealogy web sites. Our library is a depot for historical information pertaining to north Snohomish County and the Stillaguamish Valley, and its native populations and early settlers. The collection also contains material for all U.S. states and many foreign countries. This information is available to members and visitors free of charge during regular library hours.
Monthly Meetings - Visitors and Potential Members Always Welcome!
- Held on the second Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm in Hadley Hall at the Arlington Boys and Girls Club, 18513 – 59th Ave. NE, Arlington, WA 98223.
- Hear speakers and watch programs on a wide range of genealogical and historical topics.
- Wheelchair accessible and is easily reachable from I-5 or State Route (Highway) 9.
- Meet members and gather information about the library collection during the break.
Benefits of Membership
- Wi-Fi access.
- Complete access to Members Only pages of our website - exclusive benefit.
- Access to subscription websites - exclusive benefit.
- Participate in field trips to research centers.
- Develop contacts with others who have similar interests.
- Discounted rates for certain genealogical research workshops - exclusive benefit.
- Receive the bi-monthly "Stillaguamish Star" newsletter by e-mail. There is an additional $10 yearly fee to receive the newsletter by regular mail.
Annual membership dues for 2015 are:
- Individual: $20.00 (plus $10.00 if you want the newletter to be mailed to you).
- Family: $25.00.
- Professional: $50.00.
- Lifetime membership: $150.00 (onetime, per individual, with no additional charge for newsletter by regular mail).
- Lifetime Professional: $350.00 (onetime, per individual, with no additional charge for newsletter by regular mail).
- Honorary: N/C.
Become a member:
We're always accepting new members. Please call us at (360) 435-4838 or attend our monthly meeting and ask any participant to direct you to our Membership committee.
Where is everything?!
Donate to the Society
Our Society Accepts the Following Materials:
- Printed family histories.
- New and used books of genealogical value.
- Microfilm and microfiche.
- Old photographs (which can be scanned and returned to you).
Items can be donated to the society in honor of or in memory of a loved one or can be lent to the Society for a specific amount of time.
Call before you stop by our library when donating items in person to verify that someone will be there. Please do not leave items on the porch or inside the screen door.
If you'd prefer to make a monetary donation, please send your donation to:
Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 34
Arlington, WA 98223
Thank you for your support!
The Society Would Like to Thank:
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society would like to thank our generous supporters:
was made possible in part by assistance from the Snohomish County Heritage Program, for which we are truly grateful.